caicosbeachclubowners.myfineforum.org Forum Index caicosbeachclubowners.myfineforum.org
A forum for the owners of properties at Caicos Beach Club, South Caicos

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Owners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    caicosbeachclubowners.myfineforum.org Forum Index -> Caicos Beach Club -> Obsolete Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

CHUCK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Owners  Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
I just wanted to send a short message to first say were back safe, sound and happy.I start by saying I dont think there are very many places in the world like Turks and Caicos.Every time we have been there we feel comfortable, safe , and welcome.We all know the problems they have had which I won't review again,but they are still recovering from devastating circumstances.
 However it seems to be very busy compared to when we were there after the hurricanes but also even the visit there before.It was hard to get a room or suite, planes were full or near full,touists were everywere and many with shopping bags.
Now to what were here for.Im going to try and keep this short for now as I need to verify some things and give correct info.I will tell what I know and saw over the next week or so.
The resort was as I expected and more.Robin the project manager was a pleasure to meet and deal with. I never felt like he was hiding anything or that he was told to not disclose info.He gave me a feel for time lines as best as they can.There are road blocks in Turks and in developing on an island like no where else.The poor guy doesn't have alot of hair but he may have had before our project started.He is a quality person.
I wish I could simply say to it will be done in 6 months, a year, or what ever.The fact is no one knows for sure.However what Robin assured me of is that when everything is in place they can construct and do things very quickly.That to me was something I was unsure about and found encouraging.
I'm going to leave it there for now.If anyone has questions in between my posts don't hesitate.I will try my best to answer or find out the answer.I know there is the elephant in the room,airport,airport,airport.Please be patient there are answers coming.By the way my pictures did not turn out great.The people who asked for pictures to be sent I still can do that,however the pictures on the website are better than mine and very up to date.I will be emailing those people separately to explain as each building is at a little  different stage.
 Thanks Chuck

Last edited by CHUCK on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
viviennesybil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: site update Reply with quote

Hi Chuck

Welcome home and so good to hear from you.  Very reassuring to hear that the site does actually exist and they are still working on it.
Not sure what you mean by " There are road blocks in Turks and in developing on an island like no where else."  Do you mean the local authorities are actually intentionally making life difficult to progress the development ?

Regards
Vivienne
CHUCK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vivienne
 By the way I will be getting back to you personally on your suite.Its not intentional but it is the bureaucracy as in many places,but maybe more so in Turks with the English govt. take over and them being maybe unorganized, or more cautious may be a better term.For example when I was there Robin was waiting for some exterior roof paint to be released from customs as I believe it was held up for environmental reasons. So you see just that involves issues with both govt. and an island water front resort.
 Speaking of the paint the orange colour on the roofs and the general colour of the buildings is amazing When we flew over you can  see this beautiful bright orange.Also what I meant is that remote island developement is basically more complex than a mainland project.
Also this government is totally on board with our project.They have had all relevent govt, officials to the resort and they were very impressed and realize the revenue to the island when we open.Also the need to fast track there obligations!Hope this answers your question.
viviennesybil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Site upade Reply with quote

Yes, Chuck - that answers my query. Thank you so much.
Regards
Vivienne
CHUCK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Owners Reply with quote

[quote="CHUCK:145"]Hi Everyone
Utam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: caicos beach club Reply with quote

Hi Everyone
I have just found this forum. I have tried to phone The resort but just going to answerphone.
I have purchased a unit on Building E but this building is not shown on the photographs. Is it designated as a different builing now?
Does anyone have a phone number i can ring?
Is there a particular person i should speak to?
Many thanks for any help.
TCF62

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chuck
Just came across this forum this morning and at long last some encouraging news, thank you - I might now be able to get a good nights sleep!
Regards from the UK.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    caicosbeachclubowners.myfineforum.org Forum Index -> Caicos Beach Club -> Obsolete Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: